Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Expression of an Emotion Through Color

In this design I chose to use bright colors to express my emotion,excitement. I used mostly circles because I believe that particular shape gives the illusion of excitement. Balloons and sunshine are circular and they both evoke positive emotions. I used lines because they remind me of someone jumping or throwing their arms up in the air. There are some shapes that resemble birds and airplanes. Children get excited over these two things. I used several colors and shapes to show this emotion.

2 comments:

  1. I like your use of bright colors and fun little shapes. I could tell right away it was excitement or something fun... It also looks very retro which I love..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this portrays the emotion of excitement well with all the different bright colors and shapes. Round objects seem to give the illusion of an exciting shape rather than a boxed in shape, like you mentioned. I like the contrast of lines as well with the circular shapes and the boxed shapes almost containing the page like a boarder. I also like the random placement of things, that there is no specific order to things, I think that helps portray the emotion as well.

    ReplyDelete